Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Welcome to Punk Wrench!

This is my blog that will be chronicling my forays into wrenching and racing and other gasoline-fueled exploits. Why "PunkWrench"? The editor of Punk Magazine, John Holmstrom, defined punk as "rock and roll by people who didn't have very much skills as musicians but still felt the need to express themselves through music." This is how I go about wrenching. I'm not a master craftsman, a gifted fabricator, or a proficient engine tuner. I've just got enthusiasm, dreams, and know how to use a precision tool as a hammer when I'm frustrated.

The main focus of this blog will be to detail the build-up of my Kawasaki KZ400 Land Speed Racing bike I'm building, but I'm sure the rest of my languishing projects will be updated here as well.

Follow along, if for no other reason than to watch me fail in a spectacular manner!

My current stable:

KZ400 - Megasquirt, turbo, land speed racing project
ZX6e Streetfighter - streetfighter ratbike
Omni GLH - Grassroots Motorsports $200x Challenge car, drag, autocross
MGB - fair weather cruiser and autocrosser
FeiYing 125 - Mega Super Happy Very Fast chinajunk scooter (Fuck Scooters!)
Bug - 1973 VW bug that's been hanging around, neglected, for years
AT1 - Yamaha AT1 125cc 2-stroke enduro bike
Tacoma S-Runner - Daily driver sport truck

No comments:

Post a Comment